Do you believe sport has the power to change the world?
We do! and we need you to help us raise much needed funds for our charity to allow us to continue our journey of using sport to unite our divided communities in Northern Ireland.
The Rink is a “not for profit facility“. Our charity self funded the opening of the venue in 2013 as part of our long term commitment to helping unite our divided communities through sport. We do not receive any funding for operating the facility. All income generated is invested by the charity back into the operating of the facility and the funding of our programmes.
Due to rising operating and maintenance costs we need to raise £10,000 each year to maintain and upgrade our unique facility and continue our charitable aims of bringing communities together through sport.
We are aiming to raise £6000 by hosting our first ever “6K Roller Skate Challenge” on Saturday 27th August 2016. Your challenge is to skate 60 laps of The Rink!
How can you help?
You can help us by accepting the challenge of skating 6km of the roller rink! All you need to do is register for the event by donating a £12 registration fee, we will send you a fundraising pack to allow you to collect donations from your friends and family both online through our “Local Giving” charity website or through traditional fundraising forms.
Reasons to get involved?
- Your fundraising efforts will help our charity to continue and expand our charitable objectives of bringing communities together through sport.
- Once you pay your £12 registration fee you will automatically receive a special “Fundraiser Skate Pass” which entitles you to *UNLIMITIED FREE ROLLER SKATING DURING FRIDAY & SATURDAY PUBLIC SESSIONS IN JULY & AUGUST 2016!
- The three fundraisers who raise the most amount of money for our charity will each receive A YEAR’S FREE SKATING PASS
- You will HAVE FUN, GET FIT AND SUPPORT A LOCAL CHARITY ALL IN ONE GO!
Get fit with your family & friends!
If 60 laps seems a lot, then why not sign up as a family or a group of friends and split it up into 1k each? That’s only 10 laps of the rink!
Can’t take part but would like to donate?
Donate to our Local Giving appeal.
* Terms & Conditions of the “Unlimited free roller skating during “Friday & Saturday” public sessions in July & August 2016″
- Skate rental is not included, if you want to use our skates you will be charged £1 per session
- Before receiving your passes we are asking everyone to make a £12 donation
- The pass is only valid for Friday & Saturday public skate sessions
- Under 11’s must be accompanied at all times by an adult in the facility
- Public session times are set each month on our website
- The pass cannot be used alongside any other offers or for birthday parties or other private bookings